Monday, January 18, 2016

Tired Momma Reminder

Hey y'all! I have gotten out of the habit of blogging, but here I am!

Have you saw the pins on Pinterest and the shared posts on Facebook about kids growing up and not needing Momma anymore?

They crush me. 

I live for my kids and a momma is all that I am. Who will I be when my kids no longer need me?

Time is fleeting. 

I love spending time with the kids. I love just being with the kids. 

Do they drive me absolutely insane? Yes, almost daily!

A few evenings ago, Remmi brought me a book while I was washing dishes.

"You read me dis?" 

I told her I would before bed and I finished up the dishes. An hour or so later it was time for the kids to get in bed.

I was tired. Like, real tired. 

Tired of telling kids more than once to do their bedtime chores and things not getting done. I just wanted to get in my bed. I was making my rounds giving kisses and hugs and I came to Remmi. She was laying in her bed, holding the book. Not a short board book. This was one of those looong books. She asked me again if I would read it to her. As soon as the words came out of my mouth, I instantly regretted saying them. 

"No, not tonight, baby. Momma is SO tired." 

Why did I say that?! No, I didn't mean that! Please don't let me get away with this. There's no way I could just go get in my bed after doing that to her. I felt like a piece of crap mom. This isn't how I want to end our day.

"But you said you would read it to me." 

Yep, you're right. I did - AND I WILL. 

I sat on her bed with her and the other kids came running in as soon as they heard me start the story. I LOVE reading to my kids at bedtime. Maybe to them it just puts off having to go to sleep right away. I don't care. I'm going to do it as long as they ask. For how long do kids want Momma to read to them? Not long at all. 

This is a good reminder. 


Our babies are growing up. Fast! 


I know I sound repetitive at times, but kids just don't stay little for long! I want my kids to have good memories. Not memories of a mom who was too busy or too tired to keep her word. 

Embrace today. Linger a little longer tonight at bedtime. You won't get that moment back. You may have another chance to read the book tomorrow night, but then again, they may never ask for a bedtime story again. It could be the last time. Choose wisely.

Pick up a new book at Walmart. Make sweet memories before it's too late. 

Enjoy those babies. 

XOXO, Jenn















No comments: