Monday, September 26, 2016

Mountains of Dishes and Marvelous Chocolate Cake

Good Monday morning, y'all! 

Fall makes me really want to blog! 
And cook. 
And bake. 
And eat. 

Some days I'm so productive that I amaze myself. Others I can't keep my eyes open and I'm like a milk drunk baby - sleepy! Today the coffee is working and I'm hoping I can get to the bottom of that laundry mountain. 

Roxie (RCC #5) is 3 today! That girl is a MESS. Sassy! Ooh, she's sassy. She's our little animal-loving cat lady and her Daddy made over. Prayers for her momma are much appreciated. lol!



Caleb is gone out of town, so we will just have a tiny little special day today. We will have her a party in a week of two. Did y'all see the birthday cinnamon rolls I posted on Instagram a while back for the boys? They're perfect for birthday mornings!

Cash (RCC #3) turned 8 in May

Rowdy (RCC #2) turned 10 in June!

In other news, the kids and I spent Saturday cleaning out junk from our rooms and got them in tip top shape. I'm considering having a garage sale; we'll see if that ever happens. 

So you know what happens when you stay in one part of your house for too long? Miraculously the other part of your house gets trashed. That's the price we pay for those productive days!

Exhibit A
What in tarnation?! Can you believe that there's even any dishes left in the cabinets?!

Most of the kids are at the ages where they can go in the kitchen and get what they want...63 times each day and OF COURSE get a new cup each time they do. 

TA-DA!

Straight up miracle worker, y'all! Tootin' my own horn over here. Yes, I even swept and mopped. 

Lots o' kids means lots o' dishes and lots o' laundry! 

I have similar pictures of my laundry room that I'll save for another day.

Before I get started on cinnamon rolls, I want to share a good cake recipe with y'all! 


Y'all, this is good. Real good. And SO easy. It came from the Mayben family of hat tells you anything. I didn't take a picture of it yesterday because I baked it before church and was running late. Then after church, I was so hungry once I got to my inlaws that I didn't even think about it. I'm still thinking about that dinner Caleb's momma cooked yesterday. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, sautéed green beans, corn, and fried cabbage. Good country cookin'. 

Here's an old picture from when I made this cake before. 


Looks good, huh?

Have a happy Monday, y'all! 

XOXO, Jenn














No comments: