Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Kids Say Some cRazY Stuff

Hey, everyone! I hope all of y'all are surviving with school being back in session. It's been pretty dang great here at our place- so far. It's still early, so y'all check on me in a few days to make sure the children haven't taken over. (Prayers greatly appreciated) (Seriously, y'all)

I have been looking forward to school (homeschool) starting back. What in the world?! Crazy, I know! I think it's because it's something fresh and new and I've really been needing that. The kids are showing so much improvement already and that inspires me to do better and keep it up. 

Being around kids a lot, you hear some pretty crazy things come out of their mouths. Can I get an amen? So, about 2 years ago I decided to start writing down the silly things they say and funny things that happen in our daily life. 


You know how you think back to a happy time when someone said or did something hilarious and you want to capture that memory? Doing this is ideal for that!

started writing the entries in a composition book, but over time, I have found some stray forgotten quotes from some of my Facebook posts and had to put those in the book too. Now the book is all out of order and it's about as organized as a trunk full of coat hangers. 

I decided I'm going to buy a new book and rewrite all the entries and that will be the "official" copy. Ya know, the ones the kids fight over after I die. Yes, I worry about that sort of thing and I've already told them I don't want them fighting over it after I'm gone and that they can go to Staple's and have copies made. And, yes, they think I'm crazy. 

I found a journal that I'd like to get, but I'm also cheap and am having a hard time shelling out the dinero. 


I am in love with this Kate Spade spiral, but $14? I'm SURE I can find something cheaper. It's what I do, I'm a bargain hunter! 

Oh, what do ya know! I DID find something JUST as cute and WAY cheaper! See why I'm hesitant?


Hello, 88 cent journal! 


found this one in the Back To School section at Walmart and it'll be just fine. It is small (5" x 7", 80 sheets), and I'm not 100% sure of it yet, but we'll see. 

Remmi had to have one too and she has already been busy writing in hers. And all over her skin. (I believe her's was $0.50, but don't quote me on that.)


There are several different types of journals and composition books out this time of year and now is a great time to grab one. You can get a $0.50 book and cover it with some pretty paper and have the same effect as the higher priced books. 

Rylie made this one a long time ago as a Wednesday night church craft. 


It's wild and crazy, but that's how she rolls. 

I saw some super cute ideas on Pinterest that aren't quite as crazy as Rylie's technique. 


If you're not feeling crafty and prefer to buy a journal that's ready to go, I have found some that are just right, and at a few different price points. 

Another Kate Spade journal - $14.00 (Nordstrom)

Kids Say the Darnedest Things Journal - $6.50 (Etsy)

Various books from Walmart's school supply section - $0.17, $0.50, $0.50 

My Quotable Kid Book - $14.95 (Land Of Nod)

And let's not forget pretty pens! These are hands down my favorite pens. I love how they write and I enjoy all the different colors because life is too short to only write in black ink! 


I challenge every single one of y'all to write down the next funny thing that your kid says or does. Save it in the notes section of your phone. You can even just jot it down on a sheet of paper and hang it on the fridge for now. Maybe tuck it in a book and someday when you come across it, it'll bring a smile to your face. It'll be a nice surprise. 

Let's face it, our minds won't last forever and we can only remember so many stories. Leave a happy little treasure for the generations ahead to enjoy. My kids love reading our book and giggling at all the stuff they did. I hope they share ours with their kids and remember that they had a momma who loved them and cherished her time with them. 

Pull out a pencil and get started!

I hope y'all have a wonderful Wednesday!

XO, Jenn❤️






















No comments: