Saturday, August 15, 2015

Manic Monday Meal

Good morning, y'all! 

Busy school nights are going to be here in about two shakes of a lamb's tail, so that means rushed evenings and quick suppers. 

Kids have homework, sports and we know that laundry and housework don't stop just because school is back in session, so we need to save time where we can and supper is a great thing to save time on! I love to be in the kitchen, but I don't know anyone who wants to be in there slaving over the stove when there is an easier way!

I'm all for fast and easy, but that doesn't mean you have to feed the kids a Wacky Pack. Let's face it, I'm way too cheap for that! Eating away from home can do some damage to a checkbook real quick like! I can think of a bunch of other things I'd rather throw away money on ::daydreams about fall fashion trends::.  And I don't think anybody actually wants to have to feed their family fast food more than they have to. 

A recipe I made last week was one that you will definitely want to throw into your supper rotation. Typically I make pulled pork with this special Red Pepper Jelly (from Mayben's in Pittsburg, Texas) that my sweetest friend Sandy Hooper bought me, but I was all out and really needed to cook the cut of meat I had in the fridge. I pulled a few different ideas from a couple of different recipes and put my own spin on it. 

Here's what I used:

2-3 pound pork shoulder roast
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese 
1/2 cup honey
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon garlic powder

[If you get a bigger roast, you may need to double the recipe.]


This is so, so easy! Open your crockpot, drop the meat in, mix up all the ingredients and pour over meat. That's it!



 
Cover crockpot top with foil before placing lid on top. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. 


When the meat is done, pull all the meat out and place on a plate. Dump the juice from the crockpot into a bowl. Shred meat with a fork, removing fat, dump meat back into crockpot. You can pour some of the juice back in if you find that your meat isn't juicy enough. Sometimes I do this, sometimes I just put barbecue sauce on the meat. 


Serve on hamburger buns, Hawaiian rolls or fresh bread. This is a lot like chopped beef that you get from the barbecue restaurants. You could even pick up some pre-made potato salad and baked beans if you want to lighten your load a bit more. Don't we mommas need that once in a while?! Absolutely!

I hope y'all have an incredible week!

❤️ XO, Jenn






No comments: