Saturday, August 15, 2015

Summer, You Are Dismissed

Picture it: cold, dreary, no sunshine, some girl on Facebook griping about the yucky weather. "Hush your mouth, girl! Soon it'll be nothing but sweat and $400 light bills!"

Remember that? Remember when we thought summer would never get here? ::sigh:: 

 I was totally the one who was begging for summer to hurry up and show its beautiful self. Now guess what? I'm totally over it! And have been for a while now. 


I'm ready for fall and all that it brings! And, duh, you know I'm talking about the clothes and all things pumpkin!

The past few mornings have been a nice teaser for what's to come. The kids and I go out as soon as we get up so we can enjoy some time outside before its unbearably hot. They draw on the porch with chalk, rope the dummy, throw the frisbee, help me water the pumpkins and watermelons, and just do what they do best, run wild. I sit on the bench and sip my coffee...and fight off ants, but that kind of takes away from the nice mental picture. 

This morning it was climbing the tulip tree and shouting, "Hey, Mom! Bring us snacks!"


Can you see all 5 kiddos? Yes, the baby is in the tree like the big kids. 

I'm looking forward to cozy pajamas, soups, spicy candles, lower electric bills (can I get an amen?), and being able to pile on scarves and layering pieces without running the risk of a heat stroke. Just thinking about those things gets me excited! 

Nanny is adding to my excitement by picking me up a few little fall decorations from Hobby Lobby. Have I told y'all that I have the best grandma? 

(FYI: 40% all fall decor right meow)

I may or may not be planning on getting my fall decorations out this weekend...

Today my to do list includes decluttering and scrubbing the school room so we can have a fresh start to the fast-approaching school year. See, doesn't decorating sound so much more fun?

Y'all have a fabulous weekend! Enjoy your family, eat snow cones and cherish the last days of summer break. 

❤️ XO, Jenn 














No comments: