Monday, November 10, 2014

Babies, Birthdays & Blessings

G'mornin'! Y'all wanna hear a story about some crazy girls who have lots of kids? Well, ok! You came to the right place! My best friend and I have been pregnant together more than once. We like it that way lol. Nobody wants to be pregnant alone! I remember Laura coming to my house and telling me that she was pregnant. She was like, "I wish you were pregnant with me this time." Well that was on a Tuesday. Two days later on Thursday, I found out that I was pregnant, too! How crazy is that?! Our wombs are so in sync. Hee hee ;) At this point, we are officially in that category with "crazy people" who have a whole litter of kids. Big families are totally cool by the way. Getcha one!

So, like, DO NOT drink the water around here... My friends, Holly, Billie-Jo, and LO. 

So, I was pregnant with our fourth RCC and we decided that we didn't want to know what it was going to be. I tried to do that on RCC #3, but caved at 7 months. Everywhere I went, people would ask me what I was having. When I told them I didn't know, they'd guess what they thought it'd be. Let me just tell you, older black people can judge a belly. I swear they just know. That's a talent. All I knew was, whatever it was, it was a big one. (Waddle waddle.) Turned out to be our smallest one. Well, if you want to call 8 pounds 9 ounces small. We grow some big ole babies! 

Caleb was hauling sand and he was gone a lot, so they scheduled a date to induce me, since I was overdue. Story of my life! I'm always overdue. My womb is just too cozy, I guess. Of course I picked 11-11-11, but the hospital was booked that day. So I settled for 11-10-11. You know when you're ready to have a baby, you're just like, whatever, ASAP! That morning, we got to the hospital and so it began. Blah blah blah, needles, shots, and all that jazz. "It's a girl!" Yay! I secretly wanted another girl. Victory! Pretty clothes and bows and all that cutesy stuff! 

I remember feeling so awesome that day. Even more awesome than usual. 'Yeah, ya know, got my four kids and it's fabulous.' Love this life! 

Remember those pregnant girls up there?  Well here's what was in their bellies. Adaly, Bixley, Remmi and Tucker Tex! 

Now Rem is three and it's been a truly awesome three years. 


We call her Little Old Lady. She's always wearing little heels and is usually way overdressed. She drinks coffee with me every morning and makes us crack up at her cuteness and silly little personality. (I'm sure she got that from me) I absolutely LOVE being her momma. We never knew we wanted a big family. The babies and blessings just kept coming and now here we are in the middle of chaos, craziness and a whole lot of fun. This is our life! (Yes!) Sometimes I get all giddy and think, I love this circus. Who would've thought that a couple of kids who met in Home Ec would've made it this far? I sure didn't. Whew, that husband of mine, he's a doozy at times. But me, I'm always perfect, so yeah. Ha! Yeah, right. 

Aw! Look at us! I am smitten with him... and then I want to plot his disappearance. He's something else. Thank you, Lord, for this man who drives me bananas and has given me all these babies. Where would my life be without him?! I don't want to know. 

We are having Rem a little party at home and she's all in to Frozen and pretending to cook. Yes, I'm so proud. [tear] Thats my girl! I bought a little nightstand and am turning it into a play stove. Duh, I got the idea from Pinterest! Like y'all didn't know. 

Looking back, I can not believe how blessed we have been. Five perfectly healthy, amazingly fantastic babies! I can't thank God enough for my blessings, but I sure try. 

Psalm 127:3-5, my most favoritest verses


Well, time to put the finishing touches on Rem's gift so it'll be dry in time for her partay this evening. Did I mention I'm a bit of a procrastinator?? 

Now where'd Caleb put that electric screwdriver...

❤️ Jennifer 







No comments: