Saturday, November 22, 2014

My Black Friday Horror Stories

Good morning, y'all! It's been a minute! Whew! How have y'all been? Y'all loving the cold/warm weather we've been having? I was diggin' the cold. Note to self: buy more firewood. 

I just want to start off by saying, CALEB IS HOME! Yay! He got in at 6 am and may actually get to go to church with us tomorrow! Fingers crossed!

With Black Friday coming up, I thought I'd share my Black Friday horror stories with y'all. I have been twice. Crazy things happened both times. 

Picture it: Sicily, 1914. Just kidding! Do you know what show that's from? Golden Girls! Duh! But for real, picture me, a week overdue with Rylie Cole. I stay the night with my Bubba and Christy, so I can go with her and see what all the buzz is about. I was just a young, very pregnant 19-year-old girl, who wanted to experience the madness of Black Friday for myself. Now Christy is one of the professionals. She knows the deals, she has papers (I don't know what's on the papers, but it's official), she does this every year. Well, I sleep at their house, on an air mattress and I was so fat that I kept rolling off the sides. Swear. I just decided to sleep on the floor. And why didn't I get on their comfy couch?? I'm telling ya, I was crazier back then than I am today. We get up at a time that's more like a bedtime. We throw clothes on and hit Walmart. It's already crazy in there. We man out posts. I don't know what I was after, I just remember having a buggy and filling it with everything I could and then she could decide what she wanted before we checked out. There were some pretty hot deals, though. So we shop 'til we drop and go back to her house and eat and chillax for a bit. Then Nanny and I go to the mall and my sister meets us there. I go buy all these clothes at insanely good deals because I need new, bigger jeans for after I have the baby. Then it happened, I'm checking out at Body Shop (I was just buying earrings lol), and I got some PAINS. I told my sister my stomach was hurting. We found Nanny (I didn't have a cell phone back then) and told her what was up. She said we needed to go to the hospital. I told her that I needed to run in Wet Seal, and then we would go. I go and grab what I needed, write the check between contractions, and leave with my sister. Nanny runs in Academy and Felicia (my sister) is hungry. We go through Taco Bueno drive-thru. "Hee hee, hoooo!" Lol! I was in terrible pain! We get to Nanny's and I tell her I don't think I'm really in labor. Maybe I just need to go to the bathroom. Negative. There's a baby coming. We call Caleb and gather my stuff up for the hospital and we rush out the door. It's a two lane road and we can't get around this truck. I am crying and sweating and Nanny is laying on her horn and I'm thinking, please just get me to the hospital!!! We finally get past the truck and my dear sweet Nanny flips the dude the bird. Oh, Nanny, we love you lol! We get to the hospital, I have her almost immediately. My first baby and she's a big one, 9lbs 12oz. Welcome to the world, Rylie Cole! 


So that was my first crazy experience with Black Friday shopping. Want to hear my second, and very last, one? Then keep reading! 

The next time I decide to brave the cold and the crowds, it's about 6 years later. We leave the kids with Caleb and my father-in-law and my mother-in-law and I head to Longview (50 miles) around midnight. I drive us in her Tahoe and we got about 15 miles from home and decide to make a quick stop to get coffee at a gas station. Kelley goes to get the coffee and I sit in the car and wait. And wait. I get bored, so I hop out and throw away some trash that's in the car. Big mistake. I hit the door lock when I get out and it locks the car up. And it's running. Kelley comes out and I tell her what I did. We call to have someone bring us a spare key. Timmy, Caleb's crazy uncle, brings us THE WRONG KEY. Kelley rides back with him, while I stand in the gas station and wait. There's a lot of crazies out that time of night. Speaking of crazies, Kelli Berry comes in. ;)~ We chat and I tell her what I did. We laugh and she heads out shopping. I'm just hanging out in a gas station, twiddling my thumbs. Timmy and Kelley finally make it back and we get in the car and go. We make it to Longview and it's freezing!! I'm driving, so we park and kill the car, planning out our attack. We get cold. I turn the battery on and crank the heat up. We decide to hit Old Navy. I crank the car, but nothing happens. I ran the dang battery down!!! Guess who we see again? Kelli Berry. I feel like such a dummy. We get the car jumped off and hit the stores. We get nothing. I didn't think any of the deals were that grand. I obviously have no clue as to what I'm doing. Waste of time. A good story though. 

The moral of the story is, if you have a vehicle with OnStar, please subscribe to it!!! I can't live without it in mine! My kids and I lock the keys in the car on the regular. Less than $15 a month, well worth it! 

Happy weekend, y'all! 

❤️ Jennifer 



No comments: