Thursday, November 6, 2014

Fun and Festive for Fall

Hello! Hello? Is anyone there? It's been a coon's age since I've posted something! We've had a pretty busy week! We had Halloween, our church's fall fest, Sunday dinner at my in-laws', winter clothes shopping in Longview, clearing out clutter, whew! Y'all know I like to take it easy. A busy schedule wears me out! 

[2 buckaroo bunnies, 1 Where's Wenda, 1 Elsa and 1 baby that was too cold to wear her indian costume] 

Along with my busy schedule, I've made some pretty fabulous foods. One of the easiest, best-tasting meals I have ever made was the Pulled Pork. Why haven't I been making this all along??? My crew went nuts over it! A friend of mine (Sandy Hooper) brought me ALL the stuff to make it and I'm so glad she did! Did y'all know I have some fab friends? I'm blessed!! She brought me TWO pork loins because the population here at the Crawley Casa calls for doubled recipes a lot of times. 


I put the two cuts of meat in my crockpot, dumped in the Red Pepper Jelly {this is from Mayben's in our little downtown, check 'em out} covered the crockpot with foil, put the lid on and let it cook on high for a few hours, then turned it to low to continue cooking. After it was done throughout (about 6 hours), I took the meat out and sat it on a plate and shredded it with a fork. I dumped some of the juice out of the crockpot and dumped in a whole bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce, put the pork back in and stirred it all up. Bam! Supper is ready! We ate ours on hamburger buns and with Loaded Baked Potato Salad. We really love barbecue around here and it sure hit the spot! Mmm! I'm getting hungry! 

Since Halloween has come and gone, it's time for fall decor. My Halloween mantle and fall mantle look a lot a like. Different, but real similar. I don't have a lot of fall decor, so while I was in Longview, I got a little fox and an over-sized acorn to add to my cuteness. They were both 50% off at Hobby Lobby. Yes, I have to drive an hour to get to Hobby Lobby. It's tragic. I'm sure my husband likes it that way. Hobby Lobby equals an empty wallet. But not this time! ::pats self on back:: I also made this scrappy bunting, threw it up there and called it a day. 


The bunting I make for most every occasion is uber simple. Just get about an eight of a yard of 6 or so different fabrics (I used 8). Rip (or cut) those fabrics into strips and then cut them into little squares and rectangles. They don't have to be perfect. Put them in the order that you like and stack them all up in the correct order. Set your sewing machine to a straight stitch and sew them all together. My friend, Billie-Jo, dropped in yesterday morning and I made it while she was here. So I made her a strand, too. 


After I sewed all the pieces together, I snipped little pieces out of the bottom of some to mix it up a little bit. Voila! Pretty bunting for just a few of bucks. It really adds some whimsy and fun to your home. I had some leftover, so B-Jo and I decided to hang it here. 


Kind of hard to see, but you get the jist of it. I love a happy, colorful home! I have little things like this hung all over our house. It always looks like we are decorated for a party lol! 

Now y'all run and get the stuff and cook your family some pulled pork and make ya some happy bunting! Toodles!

❤️ Jenn







No comments: