Thursday, October 30, 2014

A slice of Banana Nut Bread with a side of fear

Helloo! ::that was in my Mrs. Doubtfire voice:: Yesterday was great and fabulous and busy. I spent it cleaning and baking. I had had a dream the other day that I got stopped by the cops for speeding. They looked inside my car and told me that since it was dirty (it's not, y'all) and I had kids, they wanted to see my house too, just to be sure it was in livable condition. The cops took my kids (remember this is ONLY a dream lol), and CPS showed up at my house and said my house was too messy to raise kids. They kept my kids!!! When I woke up, I felt weird and just wanted to clean. Ya know, just in case... ;) Well, my boys' room was actually THAT messy. Boys! But not anymore! We got it licked. 
Yay! -baby photobomb-
They have bunk beds, but sleep together most of the time. Best brothers is what they call themselves. I just love that. 

also baked banana nut bread yesterday because I had 50 million bananas that didn't get eaten. {Also, if autocorrect could stop changed banana nut, to banana but, that'd be great.} I tripled my recipe and it made 11 loaves. We go through spells with them. One week we eat 3 pounds, the next we eat none. But I always buy them. Cheap, healthy snack! Here is my recipe and it's so easy! It doesn't mess up your whole kitchen and you only dirty up one bowl. Winning! 

I usually keep my loaf pans and reuse them since I make this so often, but I was feeling generous ['tis the season] lol. Somebody (Cash) picked the top out of a few loaves to "see what it tasted like", so I had to get creative and hide that. I dug through my baking cabinet and found these Halloween picks. Then I just ripped some fabric into strips and tied on a pretty bow. Voila! Beautiful, dahling!

Banana Nut Bread

3 ripe bananas
1/3 C melted butter
1 C sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 C all purpose flour
1 C chopped pecans 

Preheat oven to 350• Mash bananas in large mixing bowl. I melt my butter in a small glass bowl while I'm doing this. Mix in all the ingredients and pour in 3 small greased loaf pans. Bake until cooked through, usually about 70 minutes. 

Time to have me a slice! Or six. 

❤️ Jennifer



No comments: