Friday, October 31, 2014

We Grow Kids and Pumpkins

Y'all! I am ecstatic! Nanny came for a visit today and she and I were in the house, cooking Chicken Croissant Roll Ups, when the kids came running in from the pasture. They were hollering and jumping up and down. I immediately thought they had seen a snake! We have pumpkins growing out in the back forty!!! Eek! Yay! After Halloween, I always let the kids smash their pumpkins out in the pasture. So now we grow pumpkins! How perfect that try discovered them on Halloween. Happy Halloween, right?! 
Nanny with Rowdy, Cash & RC...and our 67 dogs. 

Rem last year with a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch. This year, with a pumpkin we grew!

There's more, y'all! 

Chicken Croissant Roll Ups

2 cans chicken, drained
2 cans crescent rolls
Cream of mushroom
Cream of chicken
Shredded cheese
Milk

Preheat oven to 350• Spray 9x13 with cooking spray. Dump chicken in a mixing bowl and shred with a fork. Add in a couple of spoons of each of the soups and a little cheese. Stir it up real good. Flatten out the crescent roll triangles and spoon in a little of the chicken mixture. Roll up croissant and place in pan. Continue until all of the rolls are used up. Sometimes I have leftover chicken and I just empty my cans of soup and stir it all up. I add a little milk to thin it out. I let those cook for a while so that they can get a little done around the edges and they won't be doughy. Then pour the soup mixture over the top and top with cheese. Bake until golden and bubbly. 
My crew loves these and they're easy and quick. 
This is the only picture I got. We were too excited about the pumpkins! 

Now it's time for a slice of that pumpkin cheesecake Nanny brought with her. 

Happy Halloween, y'all! Have a boo-tiful day! 

❤️ Jennifer

No comments: