Friday, October 17, 2014

Yay for Yams!

I'm up eating pumpkin bread, drinking my pumpkin coffee, smelling my pumpkin Scentsy. If someone didn't know better, they may think I really like pumpkin or something. 

It's Yamboree time (yam + jamboree) in the next town over, and for those of you that don't know what that is, google it. It's a HUGE deal. Like, mega. My mother-in-law and I took the RCC Gang yesterday right after lunch and we stayed ALL. DAY. LONG. [1-8:45] It was a blast!!! They definitely got their money's worth out of those armbands. I'm pretty sure my stroller needs a new set of tires and my moccasins will need to be resoled. 

Halloween is kind of sneeking up on me. If you didnt know, I am a big time procrastinator. I'm also a procraftinator, putting of a craft until the last possible minute. My four big kids have their costumes ready, but I plan on making Roxie a [simple] costume. I'm going to dress her up like a little Indian baby. 
[Halloween 2013]

In honor of the Yamboree, I'm going to cook myself (and Roxie) a sweet potato for lunch. The other kids got to stay the night with Nanna & Poppa last night, so it's just me and her. I seriously don't know what I did with myself before I had kids, because my life is DULL without my babies. Like, I'm not sure what to do with my hands. Quick! What movie is that from? Beep! Time's up! Taladega Nights aka Ricky Bobby. My house is way too quiet...and clean when they're gone. I just sit on my couch thinking, I feel like I should be doing something. I don't have anyone to referee. Now Nanna & Poppa's house, that's a different story! I bet those kids are all pumped up on Nanna's pancakes and have been outside all morning. My kids are wild, y'all! But I love it! I sometimes envy these parents that have these kids that just sit there and don't move during church. Then I look at my babies, who are usually driving Hot Wheels around the pew and arm wresting, and I'm just SO, SO thankful for the wild bunch The Good Lord has given to me! Thank you, Jesus, for my babies! And my husband. Can't forget about him, he's pretty special to me. 

What are y'all's weekend plans? We have the Yamboree Parade tomorrow, but tonight, tonight we will have fun! We are going to a White Trash party...for a toddler, but whatevs! When you're a mom, kids' birthdays ARE your wild weekends lol! Tucker Tex, my BFF's baby, is turning 3! So you know what that means? In about three weeks Rem Rem will be three, too! 

I used to have my Kid's a big bash every year, but now we usually just do a simple party at home. Occasionally we will rent a water slide and have a big shindig. Besides, have you saw the size of my friends' families?! Geeze, Louise! They're never-ending! Every mom has, like, 14 kids. There is no such thing as a 'small party' within our circle. Roxie's first birthday was, by far, the easiest, simplest, cheapest party we have ever had for our kids. We invited zero guests. We had it in our dining room. We made the decorations. It was FABULOUS! No stress, no mess, just us. 

Time to start on those sweet potatoes and picking out our tacky clothes for tonight! 

❤️ Jennifer



No comments: