Thursday, October 23, 2014

Narcoleptic Sloth on Sleeping Pills, That's Me!

Good gloomy morning! Where's the sunshine?! Y'all know I'm solar-powered and without my sun, I'm ready to hibernate. 

Well, I've got some good news and some bad news. Good news is Rylie Cole found Remmi's lost moccasin!!! Yay! Bad news is that the other ones have already been shipped are on their way. I guess that's not really bad news, but I'd rather have my money back than two pairs of the same shoes, ya dig?! 

I have been SO tired here lately and have the energy of a narcoleptic sloth on sleeping pills. Usually sleepy = pregnant for me. But that's NOT the case. Lol! I would think I get enough hours of sleep; I just think it's a bad quality of sleep. It's broken sleep. Baby toenails scratching me, husband throwing his legs on me, toddler feet in my face ( I am SO, SO blessed to have all of that. For real though.) Maybe Momma just needs her own room lol! My biggest fear is that this is the way life is now, tired all the time. I need energy for my babies and Caleb. Nobody likes Sleepy, Grouchy Momma Bear. I've got too much stuff to do! I'm a momma to five, is sleepy the new black? 

Yesterday, I went to Reeves Chapel to help one of my best friends get ready for their Fall Festival. We go to it every year and it is something my kids and I always look forward to. If you are Methodist, and looking for a church to visit, visit there! It's a BEAUTIFUL old church out in the middle of nowhere and I absolutely love it! You WILL feel a warm welcome. The ladies there always treat us like family and cater to the kids like they're their own. I can't wait for Saturday! Kids in costumes, fellowship, games, candy, hayride, good food, and did I mention I get to see my friends?! That's the best part!
[My best friends, Billie-Jo and LO at Roxie's birth]

Caleb got home really early this morning, but who knows how long he will be home this time. He has been busy here lately! That is a blessing because the winter is always hard on us. [Eat Beef] I'm going to make Taco Soup for lunch/supper. Taco Soup is a simple, quick meal, but Caleb really likes it. There are tons of different ways to make it, this is how I do mine. 

Taco Soup
1 lb ground beef
1 can of corn, not drained
1 can of Rotel, not drained
1 can of refried or pinto beans
1 can of enchilada sauce

Brown your ground beef in the pot you're going to cook your soup in (no sense in dirtying up extra dishes). I usually season mine with Tony Chacheres's (I probably spelled that wrong), garlic powder, cumin and salt and pepper. I drain my meat on a plate with paper towels. Then dump the meat back in the pot and open all the cans and dump them in, too. Let it all get hot and it's done! We eat ours with tortilla chips, sour cream and cheese. This always tastes better the next day, if there is any left. 

::Yawn:: Time for another cup of coffee. 

❤️ Jennifer








No comments: