Monday, October 20, 2014

Peanut Butter Pie and Bunting Tutorial

::In my Irish accent:: Top o' the morning to ya! I hope y'all had a fabulous weekend! We sho did! We went to the Yamboree, the parade, a White Trash Bash (I have the coolest friends!) and, as usual, Sunday Dinner at my in-laws'. 

Sadly, it wasn't too far of a stretch for us to get into character for the White Trash Bash lol! Y'all see that Roxie photobomb? Creeper baby. 

Every Sunday my mother-in-law cooks dinner after church and I usually bring a dessert. The past two Sundays in a row I have cooked. (You're slackin', Kelley.) Last Sunday I made a big pot of chili and yesterday I made a lasagne (homemade, duh) and a peanut butter pie. The lasagna recipe I use is the one on the back of the Great Value Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles. It's pretty delish. I started making that just about a year ago when my good friend, Marlea Hefner, brought us one for supper after RCC #5 was born. Marlea is a GOOD cook, y'all. And Rowdy flat out told me mine wasn't as good as hers. Thanks, champ. Lol! The peanut butter pie is super easy and I got the recipe off of Pinterest. 

*The Easiest Peanut Butter Pie
1 Oreo pie crust
1 cup PB
1 tub Cool Whip, thawed
1 8oz block of cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
Optional: crumbled Reese's candy, chocolate syrup, crushed Heath bar, etc.

Throw all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat it up like you want to beat up those people who cut you off in the McDonald's drive thru line. Spoon mixture into crust and refrigerate for uno hour. Top with optional candy pieces if your heart desires. (My heart loves extra sugar.)

My husband got home in the wee hours of the night, so you know I gotta feed him good. "Whatcha want, baby, a five dollar pizza or Sonic?" I'm totally kidding. I have no clue what I'm going to cook for supper. Maybe some Ritz Chicken (can you guess where I got the recipe? If you guessed Pinterest, you're right!). 

I am SO looking forward to Halloween and the Fall Fest and seeing my babies in their costumes and "testing" some of their candy! If you haven't got any decorations up yet, here's a quick little idea for ya! Take a few different prints/colors of fabric (I used 8) and cut them into 3"x3" squares. Sew all the squares together, leaving a small gap between each piece. You can put the fabric in whatever order you want. Once all your fabric is sewn together, cut your thread and hang up your cute new bunting and be prepared for people to be jealous of your awesome Halloween decorations. 
(And yes, that is a General Lee in the making on my mantle. Little redneck boys live here.)

Told ya. 

Well, there is a small mountain of laundry screaming my name. Or is that one of my kids... 

❤️ Jenny Jenn Jenn




No comments: